Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pork Chop, EMT & Bra

Last month my husband and I were enjoying some delicious pork chops which were hand raised in Croyden. They were given to him as a Christmas gift from a fellow driver. He was into his third bite and he began to cough and sputter. He walked over to the kitchen sink and the next thing you know he is giving me the universal choking sign. So I tried to do the Heimlich maneuver on him and he is a pretty tall guy and I am short, so it was hard. I asked him if I should call "911" and he was shaking his head yes. So I called and they ask me to stay on the line and I begin thinking I don't have my bra on. I have got to save my husband, stay on the phone and somehow get my bra on before the EMT's arrive. Well he coughed some more, threw up and dislodged the pork chop. They still wanted to send the EMT's and ambulance to check him out, so I did get off the phone. I got my bra on and a beautiful six foot tall blonde twenty-something female, is the first on the scene, as the only EMT (so much for worrying about the bra). My husband was very pleased to see her and I was too, even if it took thirteen minutes for her to arrive. I am very happy it turned out for the best and he is going to be around to celebrate his 60th birthday soon!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, I'm glad he's okay! That's funny about the bra though. The things we women worry about, huh?