Thursday, October 1, 2009

Not My Idea!

Someone has told me before they dont like it when I put things on my blog that I have read somewhere else. But, I like this advise at this time of life!

" Focus on all that you have! There will always be people that are richer than you...there are also people that have less than you have. Focus on appreciating what you have and don't let advertisers, blogs, magazines or TV shows influence you into buying things you can't afford and most likely don't really need anyway! You are not what you own or don't own!"

Back in the 70's we had a recession and I was into recycling before it was Chic to do so. I loved getting hand me down clothes for myself or my children. I even cut up old clothing and made it into something new for us. I do love all of the ideas out their on blogs about shabby chic and living on a shoestring, I have been doing it for years. My navy knife in my silverware drawer has got to be 60 years old now, it was a hand me down from my Dad when he worked at the Naval Supply Depot back in 1946.

No comments: