It's been two years since my Mom died. It was a challenge to get through the first six months after she left, I cried everyday and visited the cemetery often. The next six months were not so tearful but still I had an ache in my heart. Weekends were the hardest because that is when I spent the most time with her. Oh, my gosh the tears are flowing as I am writing this, sometimes the waves of emotion are incredible. Whenever I visit Oregon now, that mileage sign to Seattle is tough to pass by, so many great memories of the time spent there with her. Yes, she is missed greatly but she also left me a great legacy to follow. She was a great lady and loved all of us unconditionally. She once told me Jared was her favorite grandchild, but then quickly followed it up with "I never could have imagined to have such great looking ones, not an ugly one in the bunch!" I think she bonded with Jared because she stayed with me for two weeks after he was born.
When she had her eighty-sixth birthday I tried to write 86 things about her. I am around number 23, and hopefully I can complete it soon with the rest.

1 comment:
I love and miss Grandma Dorothy daily. What a legacy she has left. I find myself telling people I want to be just like her. She made everyone feel as if they were the most important person to her. What a gift she had for that. I found out I was pregnant with Jordyn just a couple of nights before she passed away. I know Jordyn and Grandma spend a lot of time together before she came to this earth. Jordyn is the happiest, giggliest, free spirited little kid. She is always laughing and having a good time. Just like Grandma. I feel as if Jordyn has a little bit of her Great Grandma Dot in her. We love you Grandma Dot. So thankful for the memories that will last forever. <3
Post a Comment