Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seventeen Degrees!

Yes, it was 17 degrees at my house this morning. Is it April or December, I think the weather is all mixed up. So glad everyone had a great Easter weekend. Doyle and I went to Eccles Park for the block meeting and it was a great session. I really did take time and reflect on the resurrection of Jesus and the plan of salvation. What a great testimony to know that we will be received back into father's presence and have a joyous reunion with all of our earthly family members.

Five years ago on Easter I was in the hospital recovering from kidney surgery. Two gentlemen came into my room and asked if I would like to receive the sacrament and I said yes. They left and I thought they were just going out into the hall to retrieve the items for the ordinance. They didn't come back for a few hours, as I drifted in and out of sleep, each time someone entered my room I was hoping it was them. It really struck me how I had taken the sacrament ordinance for granted each week. These two gentleman were strangers to me, but they brought the greatest Easter gift I could have received that day. It is also a gift to have lived another five years and in good health.

No comments: