Monday, December 22, 2008
Christmas Shopping with an Apostle
I was out Christmas shopping last week, the store was almost empty except for myself and a close friend Susan. We were downstairs in a big department store in the childrens section. She had just bought her grandchildren some new shoes and we were going to leave. We walked towards the elevator and litterally ran into Elder L. Tom Perry and his wife. She was searching through the racks and he was kind of propped up on one watching her. I asked her if he was being patient with her while she shopped and she said they were just getting started. This kind of brought a smirk across his face and he said he was there to just carry the bags. She is a tiny petite lady and he is this very giant of a man. My friend Susan said to him I dont see much progress yet and he said it may take awhile. I wanted to shake his hand but didnt. I have never met another apostle except Elder Boyd K. Packer about 18 years ago at a regional stake conference, Elder Harold B. Lee 37 years ago at a sacrament meeting, and Elder Sterling W. Sill 39 years ago (he set my husband apart when he left on his mission). I didnt want to bother Elder Perry so we just wished them a Merry Christmas and left. It was wonderful seeing him in such a casual setting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment